Atlanta Community Food Bank Volunteer Opportunities
June 8, 2021
Come help volunteer at the Atlanta Community Food Bank! ARA's Community Service Committee has selected two different days for our membership to lend a helping hand and give back to our local community. Due to ongoing Covid restrictions and for the safety of their volunteers, the Atlanta Community Food Bank can only allow 30 volunteers at once during these three hour time slots, so this opportunity will be a first come, first serve basis. Be sure to sign up fast and help us give back to the Atlanta Community!
- Dates & Times:
- Wednesday, July 14th - 8:30 am - 11:30 am
- Wednesday, July 14th - 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Thursday, July 22nd - 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Location: Atlanta Community Food Bank (3400 N. Desert Drive, Atlanta, GA 30344)
- Service area: Hunger Action Center
- Dress code: Closed-toe and closed-heel shoes are required, with sneakers or work boots recommended. Flip Flops, sandals or heeled shoes are not allowed. Please wear comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting a bit rumpled.
|Sign up here »
About the Hunger Action Center:
The Hunger Action Center (HAC) provides a great hands-on experience in a diverse and social atmosphere. Groups and individual volunteers come together to inspect, sort, and pack quality grocery donations to prepare for distribution to over 600 partner agencies across Georgia.
*Please consider bringing as many nonperishable items as you can! You're already making a tremendous difference by volunteering. Think how much that can be magnified by grabbing a couple of food items to bring with you when you come! With 1 in every 5 Georgians and 1 in 4 Georgia children at risk of hunger, the number of people requesting emergency food assistance continues to grow. If every volunteer visiting our Product Rescue Center brings just two cans of food, we would be able to provide approximately 2,750 additional meals each month! Click here for the full list of most needed food items!